- IT Solutions
- Industries Served
As a small business owner you may be wondering if you can afford a managed services provider. When was the last time you looked at your budget? Even if you’re trying to balance a limited budget, you need the proper tools to grow your business. You may be happy with the tools and services you use right now, but what if you could add more tools and resources without breaking the bank? Although you might feel as though funds are in short supply, don’t fret. While banks may not be extending as much credit as they used to, the reality is that you can still get the products and services you need for your business. Where would you like to spend your money if you had the choice? Today, we’ll talk about whether or not your expense is going to be worth what you get out of a managed services provider, and what you should look for before you make any changes.
Why a Managed Services Provider Could Cost You Less Long Term
You know that in order to keep your business in the game you have to have the latest in technology. That said, you have to pay the price tag.
This doesn’t necessarily mean that hiring a managed services provider won’t be in your budget. Isn’t it worth it to you to have someone working with you as a partner that can assist you when needed?
When it comes to time, isn’t it a benefit to have someone handling the small business IT stuff so that you can focus on serving your customers? There are plenty of ways for your staff to get basic training and learn basic skills when it comes to technology, but keep in mind that there will come a time when major system failures could arise.
Are you prepared to handle those issues? Do you have enough skilled staff to handle these challenges? You’ll have emergencies; that’s inevitable. However, how you handle these emergencies is up to you.
If you want to get the extra security, monitoring, and help that you need, IT outsourcing is a great option for you. Sure, you could end up investing thousands, but it’s important that you work with a vendor that can tailor make the help you need.
Don’t compare yourself to large corporations; you are a small business. Thinking that you need the same thing isn’t a fair assessment by any stretch of the imagination.
You won’t have the same resources or the need for the same budget when it comes to a fully staffed IT department. There isn’t any harm in bringing in an outside expert, but keep in mind that when you do, they need to be able to provide you with an assessment in order to give you what you need.
So, what do you need to know before you hire an MSP for your business?
1. You should get a full assessment so that the vendor knows what you need and nothing more.
2. You should get a contract that has a set price for the services you will be getting, and that price should not change.
3. Keep in mind that your contract or agreement for what you are doing should state exactly what you will get out of the service.
What Services Can You Get From a Managed Services Provider?
It’s important that you know what a provider can help you with. Many of the services we offer at California Computer Services include:
1. Computer and Server support.
2. Data backup disaster recovery. (We use Carbonite and Axcient)
3. Network security with our Watchnet Program.
4. Custom software solutions.
5. Remote network monitoring.
6. Cloud backup and support.
7. Network evaluation and planning.
These are all a must, and we can help. If you would like to discuss what California Computer Services can offer you as a managed services provider, please CONTACT US today for more information.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Follow Us On Google +
Find us on facebook
- Will Your Small Business Adopt Big Data Analytics?
- Cyber Security Landscape for 2015
- California Computer Services Understands Your Small Business Security Needs
- Can You Afford a Managed Services Provider?
- Best Predictions for Technology in 2015
- Understanding Your Need for Managed Services
- Managed IT Services Sacramento